Thursday 30 April 2009

If I'm awake I'm working


A few years ago we tried to develop a TV programme about the 'Slow movement'. Contrary to popular belief, living slow is not only, or even primarily, about the pace of life. At proudfoot we always say if we are awake we are working. I know that if my family heard me say that they would grimace, we've never been workaholics. Often on shoots there are moments when we are not filming that are more important to the resulting film than moments when we are. Ensuring that we don't flog ourselves and leaving time to think and look without pressure is vital. This is what 'slow' is about (I think). Not filling your time for the sake of it so that you can get more from life and maybe even give more to work. During my 'slow' time on shoots I often take pictures of the crew. Sometimes we are in places that demand that you stop what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment