Wednesday 6 May 2009

Twists

I'm trying to write a script at the moment. With each word it gets harder and harder. Just to finish one episode takes a lot more work than I expected. The trouble is, I'm trying to think of a twist and twists, by definition, aren't very easy. Someone suggested the 'non-twist' twist strategy the other day so I gave that a bash and it was even more difficult than just having a twist. I watched The Sixth Sense, The Crying Game, The Others, Old Boy, The Usual Suspects, The Empire Strikes Back, in an attempt to gain inspiration at the altar of 'Great Film Twists' ........until last night when it came to me. I finished my 30 pages with a great, simple twist no one would expect. When I read through the warm, freshly printed pages I realised it was just the rest that was crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment