Monday 30 November 2009


Fan-tashe-tic

Thanks, friends, colleagues and family, for all your support throughout the month of Movember. I am genuinely humbled by the level of generosity and I have been amazed by the rich variety of jokes (and abuse) aimed in my direction. I am particularly grateful to my gorgeous wife who has been unfailingly polite to me for the entire month whilst obviously hating the thing and refusing to show it any affection.

I wish I could say that all the kindness and generosity has made the month easier - 30 days is scarcely a long sentence, after all - but a moustache is a unpleasant, itchy beast that should be kept in a box in a locked cupboard, not publicly displayed on one's top lip. Mine is also extremely ginger. But in just a few hours it will all be over and, who knows, maybe I will miss it just a little bit.

But I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment